Here at Mountain America Jerky we pride ourselves on having the highest quality jerky in an ever-expanding array of flavors. Some of our flavors are exotic, some sound crazy but are customer favorites, and others are jerky staples. Our philosophy is simple: we’ll try anything once because…well because this is America and why not? And this approach opens our eyes everyday to one undeniable truth about our customers: you guys are nuts right there with us! Nothing testifies to this like our unlikely top ten sellers of 2015. Strap in because we’re going on a jerky tour of the world.
Our Most Popular Jerky This Year
- Peppered Venison tops the list and surprises us not because it is so exotic in nature, but because it is so commonplace. We are proud that you all love our deer jerky so much!
- Original Alligator receives the silver medal. We are particularly proud of this jerky because alligators are dinosaurs and if we can make a dinosaur seem pleasant, we’re doing something right.
- Original Buffalo comes in a close third. This is no surprise because bison is one of the most delicious foods on earth. We add just enough pizazz to make it a favorite without overdoing it.
- Original Elk. Enjoying elk meat is a western traditional like no other. The hunt for elk is as difficult as perfectly preparing the meat. But when prepared properly at our smokehouse, little else competes with the taste and texture.
- Tibetan Yak. Did you know that Yak meat has less fat than skinless chicken breast? That it broke through into the top five most popular jerky flavors means you guys must be pretty darn health conscious.
- Original Wild Boar meat is nutty, which explains why our customers relate to it! We kid, we kid. Acorns, by the way, make up a large part of boars‘ diets, explaining the nutty flavor.
- Original Kangaroo jerky begs us to make some snide joke about hopping over to the smokehouse or hopping online to get some. I’ll spare you the puns and just tell you to buy a pouch…
- Original Ostrich is red meat for those who don’t eat red meat. Like duck, it’s high in protein without the pungent red meat flavor.
- Ahi Tuna jerky comes from our friends over on the Pacific coast. We get the same quality cuts of ruby red Yellowfin Tuna as your local Sushi joint, but our perfect blend of spices sure beats swishing wasabi and soy sauce with chopsticks because we can’t keep this stuff on the shelves.
- Original Beef Jerky rounds out the top ten. Do not confuse signature with mundane or staple with standard. This is our flagship jerky and as long as you continue to buy it, we’ll continue to smoke it.
From reptiles to marsupials and from ocean floors to the Himalayas, we search for the highest quality meats to satisfy traditional jerky lovers and the most adventurous foodies alike. Whether you’re an old customer or a newbie, explore our jerky options and our commitment to smoking quality, natural snacks.
Leave a Reply